Position: Nurse Educator
To provide quality learning opportunities that assist students in meeting their educational goals and career aspirations on a semester basis. The successful candidate will be required to:
- Deliver courses at the undergraduate, post RN and eventually the graduate levels of the nursing programmes
- Conduct classroom face to face and via distance education modalities laboratory sessions
- Deliver clinical instruction and supervision to nursing students
- Advise and guide students
- Participate in curricula and course development, student evaluation and to play active roles in the research agenda and the strategic direction of the nursing department.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Master of Science in nursing education
- A registered nurse and is considered an asset if possess post-basic training in midwifery , critical care, accident & emergency etc. with current related clinical experience
- Hold current license from the Nursing Council of Jamaica
- Certified in cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Have at least one year’s teaching experience at the university level
Required Skills or Competences:
- Knowledgeable of and committed to the philosophy, principles and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in education and give witness to these values in his/ her professional and Christian life;
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, integrity, dependability, sound judgment, team building and resourcefulness to establish and maintain collaborative, positive, and effective working relationships with students and colleagues;
- Actively concerned for students’ welfare whether academically, spiritually or socially, and feel responsible to assist them in the pursuit of worthy goals.
- Possesses skills in the use of the computer, distance education modalities and research
The subject line of the application should contain the name of the position that is being applied for as listed above e.g. “Nursing Educator” and addressed to:
- A Curriculum Vitae, including all qualifications and experience, and a cover letter addressing your interest and suitability for the role;
- The names, email addresses, correspondence addresses and telephone numbers of three referees whom the University may contact.
- Short-listed candidates will be expected to present original degrees and request transcripts of their grades to be sent directly to the Human Resource Department
A detailed job description will be provided at the interview.
Friday, February 28, 2017.
As a Seventh-day Adventist institution, NCU gives preference to qualified individuals who are members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Northern Caribbean University is a
Seventh-day Adventist institution of higher education
© Copyright 2016 | Northern Caribbean University | All rights reserved