Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill the following position on the Main Campus:
Position: Vice President, Academic Administration
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Terminal degree in Educational Administration or equivalent.
- At least ten years’ experience in a senior academic administrative position
The Vice President, Academic Administration has primary leadership responsibilities for planning, implementing, and coordinating the educational programs of the College. The Vice President serves as a leader in long-term planning of educational programs, assuring quality of instruction, selection and development of a distinguished faculty, and furthering the strategic plan, and the goals and objectives of the University in keeping with the expectations of a Seventh-day Adventist institution of higher education.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Comprehensive knowledge of a higher academic institution including professional disciplines and the liberal arts.
- Experience as a leader with a clear, focused commitment to teaching, learning and academic excellence to promote student success.
- Creative, visionary leadership skills that will inspire staff, students and the university community.
- Problem solving skills as a critical thinker with outstanding interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Highly ethical, trustworthy, credible, loyal and is respectful of diverse views and opinions.
- Skills to foster cohesion and a sense of working together for the good of the University and is committed to the effective use of technology within academic and administrative environments.
- Commitment to continuous improvement of teaching and learning.
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial skills.
- “Vice President, Academic Administration”
- ONE single attachment
- • The names, email addresses, correspondence addresses and telephone numbers of three referees whom the University may contact.
- Short-listed candidates will be expected to present original degrees and request transcripts of their grades to be sent directly to the Human Resource Department
- A detailed job description will be provided at the interview.
- Application Deadline: Thursday, November 30, 2017.
As a Seventh-day Adventist institution, NCU gives preference to qualified individuals who are members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.