Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill the following position on the Main Campus:
Online Facilitators are required for the following Professional Development Certificate courses:
- Project Management
- Customer Relations
- Conflict Resolution and Management
- Events Planning
- Events Management
- Supervisory Management: Healthcare
- Digital Marketing
- Introduction to Occupational Health and Safety
- Investment and Portfolio Management
- Medical Terminology
- Public Speaking
- Providing instructional leadership in an online course
Moderating online discussions
- Grading and providing feedback on activities and assignments
- Responding to individual and/or group concerns and queries
- Fostering a healthy, learner-centered, online teaching/learning environment
- Presenting lessons in an interesting and comprehensive manner
- Using visual and audio methodology to facilitate learning
- Promoting interactive learning
- Researching current trends and topics in the subject area
- Providing timely, motivating and constructive feedback to students
- Using collaborative learning techniques
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a discipline relevant to the content area(s)
At least three (3) years working experience in the area
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills
- Creativity and adherence to deadlines
- Discipline, honesty and integrity
- Commitment to the Seventh-day Adventist Philosophy of Education
- Willingness to abide by the policies and procedures of Distance Education at NCU
- Reliable access to a computer with fast speed Internet connectivity.
- Good working knowledge of the Internet and use of Microsoft Office
- Good written communication skills for interacting with the online environment.
Sensitivity to the needs of students from diverse settings and backgrounds.
- Applicants must have experience in teaching/training adult learners at the tertiary education
level, Persons who have formal qualifications in the academic discipline, professional teaching
qualification and/or experience teaching online, or have practical experience working in public/
private industries/institutions will have a distinct advantage.
The Director, Human Resource
Northern Caribbean University
Mandeville, Jamaica, West Indies
2. Applications should be made by sending the following information as ONE single attachment (either in PDF or word format) to email@example.com incorporating all of the below required information:
- A Curriculum Vitae, including all qualifications and experience, and a cover letter
addressing your interest and suitability for the role;
- The names, email addresses, correspondence addresses and telephone numbers of three
referees whom the University may contact.
3. Short-listed candidates will be expected to present original degrees and request transcripts of
their grades to be sent directly to the Human Resource Department
4. A detailed job description will be provided at the interview.
5. Application Deadline: The completed application documents should be forwarded by email to
arrive no later than August 27, 2018.
As a Seventh-day Adventist institution, NCU gives preference to qualified individuals who are members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.