Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill the following position on the Main Campus:
Position: Lecturer in Social Work
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Social Work
- At least three years’ experience teaching at the undergraduate level.
The incumbent will be responsible for teaching undergraduate social work courses and acting as a liaison for students’ infield practicum placements. The incumbent will be required to:
- Develop syllabus and learning materials as appropriate, in accordance with University policy and processes.
- Design the appropriate assessment methods and complete marking assignments ensuring standards are maintained and timescales adhered to.
- Contribute to the enriching of the student experience by ensuring support and guidance is provided to students.
- Engage in research and scholarship activity including publication and application for research funding.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, integrity, dependability, sound judgment, team-building and resourcefulness to establish and maintain collaborative, positive, and effective working relationships with students and colleagues;
- Be actively concerned for students’ spiritual as well as academic welfare, and feel responsible to assist them in the pursuit of worthy goals; and
- Be knowledgeable of and committed to the philosophy, principles and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in education and give witness to these values in his/ her professional and Christian life.
- “Social Work Lecturer”
- ONE single attachment
- • The names, email addresses, correspondence addresses and telephone numbers of three referees whom the University may contact.
- Short-listed candidates will be expected to present original degrees and request transcripts of their grades to be sent directly to the Human Resource Department
- A detailed job description will be provided at the interview.
- Application Deadline: Friday October 27, 2017.
As a Seventh-day Adventist institution, NCU gives preference to qualified individuals who are members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.