Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill the following position on the Main Campus:
Position: Lecturer in Social Work
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Social Work
- At least three years’ experience teaching at the undergraduate level.
The incumbent will be responsible for teaching undergraduate social work courses and acting as a liaison for students’ infield practicum placements. The incumbent will be required to:
- Develop syllabus and learning materials as appropriate, in accordance with University policy and processes.
- Design the appropriate assessment methods and complete marking assignments ensuring standards are maintained and timescales adhered to.
- Contribute to the enriching of the student experience by ensuring support and guidance is provided to students.
- Engage in research and scholarship activity including publication and application for research funding.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, integrity, dependability, sound judgment, team-building and resourcefulness to establish and maintain collaborative, positive, and effective working relationships with students and colleagues;
- Be actively concerned for students’ spiritual as well as academic welfare, and feel responsible to assist them in the pursuit of worthy goals; and
- Be knowledgeable of and committed to the philosophy, principles and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in education and give witness to these values in his/ her professional and Christian life.
The Director, Human Resource
Northern Caribbean University
Mandeville, Jamaica, West Indies
2. Applications should be made by sending the following information as ONE single attachment (either in PDF or word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org incorporating all of the below required information:
- A Curriculum Vitae, including all qualifications and experience, and a cover letter
addressing your interest and suitability for the role;
- The names, email addresses, correspondence addresses and telephone numbers of three
referees whom the University may contact.
3. Short-listed candidates will be expected to present original degrees and request transcripts of
their grades to be sent directly to the Human Resource Department
4. A detailed job description will be provided at the interview.
5. Application Deadline: The completed application documents should be forwarded by email to
arrive no later than July 3, 2018.
As a Seventh-day Adventist institution, NCU gives preference to qualified individuals who are members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.