Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill the following position on the Main Campus:
Position: Lecturers in Computer Information Systems (CIS)
This position exist within the Department of Computer and Information Sciences, and reports to the Chair. The incumbent will be required to:
- Deliver face to face and online courses at the graduate and undergraduate levels
- Coordinate the Masters in Information Systems programme
- Advise and guide students
- Participate in curricula and course development
- Conduct student evaluation, and play an active role in the research agenda and the strategic direction of the Computer and Information Sciences Department.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- PhD from an accredited university in the appropriate field of study related to the department (applicants who are pursuing the PhD degree and have attained the level of ABD may be considered)
- All areas of expertise will be considered; however, applicants with experience in Information Systems as well as in online course development and delivery are especially encouraged to apply.
Required Skills or Competencies:
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, integrity, dependability, sound judgment, team-building and resourcefulness to establish and maintain collaborative, positive, and effective working relationships with students and colleagues;
- Be actively concerned for students’ spiritual as well as academic welfare, and feel responsible to assist them in the pursuit of worthy goals; and
- Be knowledgeable of and committed to the philosophy, principles and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in education and give witness to these values in his/ her professional and Christian life.
- "Computer Information Systems Lecturer”
- ONE single attachment
- • The names, email addresses, correspondence addresses and telephone numbers of three referees whom the University may contact.
- Short-listed candidates will be expected to present original degrees and request transcripts of their grades to be sent directly to the Human Resource Department
- A detailed job description will be provided at the interview.
- Application Deadline: Friday, October 27, 2017.
As a Seventh-day Adventist institution, NCU gives preference to qualified individuals who are members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.