Northern Caribbean University is an educational institution owned and operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Applications are invited for the position on the Eastern Regional Campus:
Position: Junior Accountant
The Junior Accountant of the Eastern Regional Campus reports to the Chief Accountant and is responsible for managing all accounting functions at that campus. The individual will provide financial advice to both current and prospective students on a daily basis. In addition, the individual will review and process daily cash receipts, register students, reconcile/audit student’s accounts, write entries to adjust discrepancies, process supplier requisitions and maintain a petty cash float.
Qualification and Experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounts/ Finance
- 2-3 years in Accounts or related field
Required Skills or Competencies:
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem solving skills,
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounting systems and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact with employees and customers in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
The Incumbent Should:
• Monitor account receivable portfolios at the Eastern Regional Campus.
• Register and provide financial advice to students.
• Ensure that all students are appropriately charged for all related fees.
• Monitor customers’ account for non-payments and other irregularities.
• Perform monthly reconciliations of charges and payments on customers’ accounts
• Investigate and resolve account discrepancies; prepare and execute related adjustments in the form of journal vouchers.
• Disburse, monitor, reconcile, request reimbursement and write entries pertaining to the campus’ petty cash float.
- The subject line of the application should contain the name of the position that is being applied for as listed above e.g. “Junior Accountant”
- ONE single attachment
- Position Available: November 7, 2016
- A detailed job description
- Salary Range:
- Application Deadline:
- A Curriculum Vitae, including all qualifications and experience and publications, and a cover letter addressing your interest and suitability for the role;
- The names, email addresses, correspondence addresses and telephone numbers of three referees whom the University may contact.
The completed application documents should be forwarded by email to arrive no later than Friday, October 28, 2016. Late applications will not be accepted. .
As a Seventh-day Adventist institution, NCU gives preference to qualified individuals who are members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
The Human Resource Director
Northern Caribbean University
Jamaica, West Indies
Northern Caribbean University is a
Seventh-day Adventist institution of higher education
© Copyright 2016 | Northern Caribbean University | All rights reserved