Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill the following position on the Main Campus:
Position: Associate/Assistant Professor/Lecturer in Finance
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Terminal degree in Finance or Business Administration with specialization in Finance, with specific research and/or practical experience in the field of Accounting, or Finance, and a research track record.
- ACCA/CPA/FCA/CFA and/or other professional qualifications would be an asset.
The job holder will be required to prepare and deliver courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels and to
conduct relevant research in the area of finance. He or she will be responsible to supervise student research,
advise students in their academic pursuits and assist with relevant tutorial and laboratory sessions.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to engage in community partnership and programme development
- Strong interpersonal skills, integrity, dependability, sound judgement, team-building and resourcefulness to
establish and maintain collaborative, positive, and effective working relationships with students and
- Knowledgeable and current in content area.
The Director, Human Resource
Northern Caribbean University
Mandeville, Jamaica, West Indies
2. Applications should be made by sending the following information as ONE single attachment (either in PDF or word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org incorporating all of the below required information:
- A Curriculum Vitae, including all qualifications and experience, and a cover letter
addressing your interest and suitability for the role;
- The names, email addresses, correspondence addresses and telephone numbers of three
referees whom the University may contact.
3. Short-listed candidates will be expected to present original degrees and request transcripts of
their grades to be sent directly to the Human Resource Department
4. A detailed job description will be provided at the interview.
5. Application Deadline: The completed application documents should be forwarded by email to
arrive no later than July 3, 2018.
As a Seventh-day Adventist institution, NCU gives preference to qualified individuals who are members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.