Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill the following position on the Main Campus:
Position: Facilities Manager
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, facilities management, business management or related field preferred. Certification in facilities management a plus.
- Minimum five years’ experience in a similar work experience.
The Facilities Manager is responsible of the overall operation and maintenance of infrastructure and systems supporting the Facilities. Under the supervision of the Vice President, will oversee all building and grounds maintenance for the University. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that the facilities are safe, up to code, and fully operational. The facilities manager will also be responsible for managing contractors, and working with third party vendors
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledgeable of operations of a comprehensive multi-disciplined maintenance and engineering programme.
- Knowledgeable of the principles and practices of: civil, electrical, and mechanical engineering, architectural design, policy development and administration, construction contract administration, budget preparation and administration, project scheduling and management, submitting engineering plans and drawings for approval
- Knowledgeable of principles of preventive maintenance planning and principles relating to safety of maintenance activities.
- Represent the University professionally and attractively to the public, generate good human relations with and among the workforce and be well acquainted with, the practice the policies of the University and the Seventh-day Adventist denominational standards.
- Demonstrate a commitment to effective customer service.
- Be knowledgeable of and committed to the philosophy, principles and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist church, and give witness to these values in his/her professional and Christian life.
- “Facilities Manager"
- ONE single attachment
- • The names, email addresses, correspondence addresses and telephone numbers of three referees whom the University may contact.
- Short-listed candidates will be expected to present original degrees and request transcripts of their grades to be sent directly to the Human Resource Department
- A detailed job description will be provided at the interview.
- Application Deadline: February 9, 2018.
As a Seventh-day Adventist institution, NCU gives preference to qualified individuals who are members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.