Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill the following position on the Main Campus:
Dental Hygienist/Clinical Supervisor
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- A Master’s Degree in Dental Hygiene, Public Health or related field (preferably)
Current license, in good standing, to practice as a Registered Dental Hygienist in Jamaica, or be
eligible to obtain a license with the Dental Council of Jamaica.
- At least two years of professional dental hygiene clinical practice.
To provide quality clinical dental hygiene instructions that assists students in meeting their educational goals and
career aspirations on a semester basis.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Detailed, comprehensive and current knowledge of the dental hygiene programme and the Dental Act of
Jamaica that governs the practice of dental hygiene
- Comprehensive and current knowledge of the role of the Dental Council in the education and training of
- Knowledgeable of principles and processes for providing quality assurance in a clinical setting.
- Knowledgeable of management principles involved in an educational institution, specifically in a clinical
- Knowledgeable of principles and methods for dental hygiene assessment, diagnosis, planning
implementation and evaluation.
- Able to plan and provide clinical or laboratory experiences that reflect an understanding of the philosophy,
objectives, and curriculum of the Dental Hygiene Programme
- Able to evaluate student achievement of curricular objectives/outcomes related to dental hygiene
knowledge and practice.
- Be knowledgeable of and committed to the philosophy, principles and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist
church, and give witness to these values in his/her professional and Christian life.
The Director, Human Resource
Northern Caribbean University
Mandeville, Jamaica, West Indies
2. Applications should be made by sending the following information as ONE single attachment (either in PDF or word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org incorporating all of the below required information:
- A Curriculum Vitae, including all qualifications and experience, and a cover letter
addressing your interest and suitability for the role;
- The names, email addresses, correspondence addresses and telephone numbers of three
referees whom the University may contact.
3. Short-listed candidates will be expected to present original degrees and request transcripts of
their grades to be sent directly to the Human Resource Department
4. A detailed job description will be provided at the interview.
5. Application Deadline: The completed application documents should be forwarded by email to
arrive no later than August 27, 2018.
As a Seventh-day Adventist institution, NCU gives preference to qualified individuals who are members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.