Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill the following position on the Main Campus:
Position: Dean of the School of Religion & Theology
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- PhD in the appropriate field of study related to the college
- Qualifications in management/ leadership and educational administration are desirables
- At least three years’ experience in educational administration or leadership
This position plans, directs, coordinates research, manages instructional and student administration and services; manages the budget and guides the strategic direction of the College.
The ideal candidates should have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful and mature
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing quality assurance in an academic institution.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and teaching design.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, performance evaluation, and personnel information systems.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to write clear, concise and logical reports.
- Excellent analytical, organisational and decision making skills.
- Resourceful and well organized.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive – but be able to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- “Dean of the School of Religion & Theology
- ONE single attachment
- • The names, email addresses, correspondence addresses and telephone numbers of three referees whom the University may contact.
- Short-listed candidates will be expected to present original degrees and request transcripts of their grades to be sent directly to the Human Resource Department
- A detailed job description will be provided at the interview.
- Application Deadline: Thursday, November 30, 2017.
As a Seventh-day Adventist institution, NCU gives preference to qualified individuals who are members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.