Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill the following position on the Main Campus:
Position: Dean, College of Education and Leadership
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Earned doctoral degree in Education with seven years of teaching experience at the University level
- Expertise in at least one research orientation, and experience chairing and guiding the thesis and dissertation process.
- At least five years’ experience with responsibilities progressing as a leader with an academic record consistent with higher education and administrative experience including responsibility of personnel and budgets
The incumbent will plan, direct, coordinate research, manage instructional and student administration and services; manage the budget and guide the strategic direction of the College. He/she will provide quality learning opportunities that assist students in meeting their educational goals and career aspirations on a semester basis in a Christ-Centred educational environment in accordance with the philosophy and teachings of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Candidates should have an earned doctorate in Education, and demonstrated successful teaching experience. Successful full-time applicants will be expected to provide academic advising for students enrolled in the MA in Education and PhD in Education programmes; chair thesis and dissertation committees and participate in university-wide committees.
The ideal candidates should have:
- Knowledge and understanding of the criteria of accreditation agencies, especially the UCJ
- Demonstrated expertise in project management, planning, budget development, prioritizing scheduled work assignments and implementation
- Expertise in handling demands and requirements of senior-level management in higher education
- Ability to work in a collaborative, matrix environment with diverse constituencies, including internal and external constituents
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and execute the research focus for the college
- Curriculum development, conflict management, customer service, and evaluation experience (highly desired)
- “Dean of the College of Education & Leadership”
- ONE single attachment
- • The names, email addresses, correspondence addresses and telephone numbers of three referees whom the University may contact.
- Short-listed candidates will be expected to present original degrees and request transcripts of their grades to be sent directly to the Human Resource Department
- A detailed job description will be provided at the interview.
- Application Deadline: Thursday, November 30, 2017.
As a Seventh-day Adventist institution, NCU gives preference to qualified individuals who are members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.