Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill the following position on the Main Campus:
Position: Chief Information Officer
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Doctoral degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Related IT field.
- At least five years’ experience of serving in a similar capacity.
- Technical certifications as appropriate (Project Management Certification).
The CIO provides vision and leadership in the development and implementation of the University-wide information technology programmes and infrastructure in support of the mission and strategic goals of the University. The CIO will support teaching, learning, and project management operations, as well as engage students, staff, and faculty in the use of technology for all main campus as well as extension sites.
In addition, the CIO will work closely with the President's Cabinet, Administrative Council, the University’s Board and various stakeholders to determine IT strategies, policies, priorities, and resource allocations throughout the University in order to maximize the potential of technology to facilitate the achievement of the vision and mission of the University. The CIO is also responsible for the supervision of the University’s Information System Services Unit.
Required Skills or Competencies:
- Demonstrates administrative expertise managing technical operations and implementing large networks and complex data centres.
- Demonstrate experience in senior level leadership in a business or academic setting.
- Demonstrate strong programme planning, collaboration abilities, organizational skills and possess exceptional communication skills.
- A minimum of seven years of experience with increasing responsibilities for management and support of student information systems and IT; direct management of a major IT operation is preferred.
- Significant experience in an educational setting is desirable, specifically in technology and information systems planning to support university goals.
- Specific experience with student management, financial management, and human resource management information systems is a plus.
- ONE single attachment
- • The names, email addresses, correspondence addresses and telephone numbers of three referees whom the University may contact.
- Short-listed candidates will be expected to present original degrees and request transcripts of their grades to be sent directly to the Human Resource Department
- A detailed job description will be provided at the interview.
- Application Deadline: Friday, October 27, 2017.
As a Seventh-day Adventist institution, NCU gives preference to qualified individuals who are members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.