Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill the following position on the Main Campus:
Position: Associate Director – Quality Management and Institutional Research (QMIR)
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Master’s degree in Quality Management, Educational Leadership, Compliance, Management Studies or in a related field from an accredited institution.
- Certification in the area of Quality Management/Quality Assurance
- Three (3) years’ experience providing strong support or leadership in the area of Quality Management or Academic Administration of which, the following are highly preferred:
Two (2) years supervisory experience.
One (1) year experience managing projects and teams in a complex environment.
One (1) year experience with regional and international accreditation processes and reporting.
- Experience in programme evaluation conduct, quantitative and qualitative research.
- Working knowledge of Quality Assurance Software.
- Working knowledge of the University Council of Jamaica’s accreditation standards
The Associate Director provides leadership in support of the Director’s strategic direction as a senior member of the Management Team. He or she is responsible for the execution and monitoring of all quality improvement projects or quality management functions of the department. The incumbent will work closely with the in-house data assessment coordinator to inform the effective execution and monitoring of quality improvement initiatives, assisting the Academic Administration Department with evaluations and assessments.
Required Skills or Competencies:
- Working knowledge of quality management principles and methodologies.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint is required.
- Competence in adaptability, communication, project management, report writing, human relations, information processing, problem solving and team work is required.
- Ability to handle confidential conversation, correspondence and records.
- Represent the University professionally and attractively to the public, generate good human relations with and among the workforce and be well acquainted with, the practice the policies of the University and the Seventh-day Adventist denominational standards.
- Demonstrate a commitment to effective customer service.
- Be knowledgeable of and committed to the philosophy, principles and mission of the Seventh day Adventist church, and give witness to these values in his/her professional and Christian life.
- “Associate Director - QMIR”
- ONE single attachment
- • The names, email addresses, correspondence addresses and telephone numbers of three referees whom the University may contact.
- Short-listed candidates will be expected to present original degrees and request transcripts of their grades to be sent directly to the Human Resource Department
- A detailed job description will be provided at the interview.
- Application Deadline: October 6, 2017.
As a Seventh-day Adventist institution, NCU gives preference to qualified individuals who are members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.