Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill the following position on the Main Campus:
Administrative Assistant: UNISS
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- BSc. (or its equivalent) in Business Administration, Management Studies or Information Technology.
- CPS designation would be an asset.
- At least two years working experience at a senior level.
As the administrative support to the CIO, the incumbent is responsible for coordinating the activities of the
University System Services. It is expected that the incumbent has a genuine appreciation for and
understanding of protocol, discretion and professionalism, is able to accept and assume responsibility, and
has the ability to interpret and make decisions in accordance with prescribed procedures and practices of
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Self-starter with initiative and ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
- Capability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, establish priorities, and organize work to meet
- Possess excellent record keeping and report writing skills.
- Excellent team spirit;
- Good time management skills.
- Proficient in the use of relevant computer applications, especially Microsoft Office Suite and ability to
quickly learn new applications;
- Possess a high degree of confidentiality and honesty;
- Willingness to work extended hours as required.
- Be knowledgeable of, and committed to, the philosophy, principles and mission of the Seventh day
Adventist church, and give witness to these values in his/her professional and Christian life;
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent command of the English Language
The Director, Human Resource
Northern Caribbean University
Mandeville, Jamaica, West Indies
2. Applications should be made by sending the following information as ONE single attachment (either in PDF or word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org incorporating all of the below required information:
- A Curriculum Vitae, including all qualifications and experience, and a cover letter
addressing your interest and suitability for the role;
- The names, email addresses, correspondence addresses and telephone numbers of three
referees whom the University may contact.
3. Short-listed candidates will be expected to present original degrees and request transcripts of
their grades to be sent directly to the Human Resource Department
4. A detailed job description will be provided at the interview.
5. Application Deadline: The completed application documents should be forwarded by email to
arrive no later than July 20, 2018.
As a Seventh-day Adventist institution, NCU gives preference to qualified individuals who are members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.