Information Specifically for Graduands for the Commencements
Wet Weather Plan
In the event of inclement weather, the graduands will assemble in Room S1 and the Student Centre on the
First Floor of the Gymnatorium and await further instructions.
Graduation is a joyous event! Who cannot feel the joy of accomplishment? Who would not wish to shout, whistle, scream and clap for joy? And yet, we ask that you refrain from the natural impulse to applaud except when indicated, and avoiding such other behavior better suited to the outdoors. Demonstrating respect in this way, we also ensure that each candidate’s name is heard when called; and by not applauding individual candidates we protect from embarrassment those for whom no one might be available to applaud. We do request your cooperation in helping us guard the decorum of this occasion. Remember, the college/school deans will indicate when it is appropriate to applaud.
Remember: arrive early, enjoy your day and CONGRATULATIONS!
Line Formation, Processional and Recessional
• No one in the graduating class is excused from his/her seat to the outside during the services, except for emergency situations.
• The University regulations regarding jewellery and heavy makeup are in effect at all services.
• Remember to keep a pleasant expression on your face as the events will be videotaped and webcast.
• Since graduation takes place during the summer month, those prone to fainting should carry smelling salts; keep tissue or handkerchiefs and a mint candy handy.
• Please refrain from using cell phones and texting during the Commencements. Ringing cell phones or alert signals are a distraction; even one ringing cell phone can be disruptive to the program. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
• Arrange to have a pre-designated site and time to meet your family members and guests at the conclusion of the Commencement. It will facilitate finding your guests more quickly.
• Graduands, please do not leave your belongings unattended. Kindly note that Northern Caribbean University is not responsible for any loss, theft or damage to your personal property or valuables.
© 2017 Northern Caribbean University
All Rights Reserved